– Hi everyone, Neil Patel is here for another Thursday Q&A I’m here with Adam from Viewership. – Hi Guys. – And we have another question that many of you asked what’s the Adam question? – This question comes from Aniket, and basically they created a website about a month ago and have done a lot really well on facebook and Instagram promotions plus some AdWords campaigns though they don’t see any traction with sales. So, do you have any tips for them to help improve sales when they get traffic? – When you get traffic and you don’t get any sales it’s usually early because you don’t get it the right kind of traffic. Yes, there is something called conversion optimization which many of you already know but you shouldn’t focus on conversion optimization from day one, it’s more than just generating a couple of sales. When you start a website You are likely at zero sales and you’re like yeah i’ll interject some facebook traffic i will throw in some Instagram traffic, I’ll interject some youtube traffic and i will crush it.
That’s not how it works. Social media traffic doesn’t convert as well like google bio, pay facebook or not facebook, paid google ads, paid bing ads, facebook ads and social media ads can generate traffic As you already know and you are great at it. – For sure. – But here’s the thing. When you throw traffic from YouTube to a website, what happens? – I mean it converts no? – It does– – It converts for me. – But when I bid on Google AdWords. – Yes. – And I get 100 visitors. I’m much more likely to convert than if I go 100 clicks from YouTube. – For sure. – Why this? – I don’t know, you tell me. – Okay so, with youtube the intent is not always there. When someone googles – you say google search, I got confused because AdWords is too for YouTube ads.
– Yes that is true. – I have it. – AdWords is also for YouTube, that’s a good point. – Yes. – I’m talking about AdWords specifically for searching. – Yes. – Not your display network– – totally. – Not YouTube or something. – Exactly. – But if someone is looking to fix my iPhone screen or my broken iPhone screen – right. – You are much more likely to convert into a customer as if you are displaying advertisements to everyone who is watching Watch YouTube videos – Law, so instead of just showing ad versus search basically, there is an intention.
– Correct. And the main point that I’m trying to convey is when you start your brand new website You have to go on sale. It doesn’t matter if it’s profitable more than you are looking for the channels convert that and those who don’t. So focus on Google AdWords, focus on Bing ads and you want to check SEMrush, enter your competitor urls and it will show you where to go Majority of their traffic from. It shows you two parts. Where they get their organic traffic and wherever they get their paid traffic from. Just because someone comes in a lot of organic traffic from a few keywords, That doesn’t mean it’s what drives sales but if they are consistently bid on certain conditions for the google search network you can usually assume that these keywords drive sales and you can use SEMrush to find out.
And when you figure it out, what’s causing the sales then you can concentrate from there, These are the key words that drive sales let’s focus on SEO and get rankings over time. You won’t get the results in three months, six months It will take over a year. Then you can say, hey let’s create content on these topics because if that’s what people are looking for Before they buy, content marketing should help too. And it’s not just text-based content. It could be video based content like on YouTube and with your video based content, you are driving sales.
– Yes. And search sales, search content on YouTube too also definitely helps. – That’s right. And I know that you don’t reveal your earnings But would you say you do? over five figures per year? – Yes. – Did you make over six figures a year? – Yes. – All right, I’ll stop there, but. (chuckles) I’m like next i will … – Yes exactly. (laugh) – As you can see, Adam’s main channel is YouTube. – Yes. – And you can do well on YouTube, it takes time, How long did it take you? build your YouTube channel? – My first or my second? My first took about six months to a year got over a million views before I really started. – And how much did you know? via YouTube marketing when did you start? – Nothing. – And you were just consistent.
– I was just consistent and get going and you learn how to walk and– – How many videos do you have? has to be produced per week? – I only do my other channel for a week. – Okay and what is it? Keys to content creation that’s good, it drives income from social media like YouTube or Facebook using video. – Huh, I mean, there are really three things. You are emotional, have emotionally exciting videos, Two optimizes them. – Wow, let’s go back to the first one. – Okay. – That’s how I remember before we started shooting this video you told me adam is my video guy And he told me, hey, you don’t give enough emotion – Yes. – What were your tips? When you’re angry, I want you to convey trouble when you– – I want you to be pissed off, Neil, I’m like, You know, he’s as kind of a gentle as a great guy, so i try to like make it work i’m like does it annoy you when people ask you these kinds of questions or does it make you happy? does it make you excited does it make you sad That’s the kind of stuff that gets these things shared and that will do what You are sharing this video, right? – Okay, what’s the second tip? – Optimize.
Like, simply optimize thumbnails, headings, keywords, you’ll see– – Wow, you’re going too fast. – I am sorry. – Let’s go back with thumbnails. Every time you tip it has to be action based so what thumbnails do you need to insert your thumbnails? – So pay attention to the preview image that an image currently has really stand out as much as possible and have text in the preview and the thumbnail just basically, evokes a kind of curiosity. So you know you are competing against every other thumbnail on YouTube and the key is just What is yours doing more? clickable than others. – Cool, next one. – Within the optimization or further? – Yes within the optimization. – Inside the optimization is headline. You know if you can spend two hours making your video I want you to spend six hours when creating your headline, it’s so important I mean headlines are everything when it comes to marketing. – Yes, the same goes for content marketing When your headlines suck, I don’t care how great Your content is, nobody reads it. The stat is eight out of ten people will read your headline two out of ten will click through and look or read the rest or your content.
– Yes exactly. I mean that’s a lot of the work we do and spy on your competitors, you know who is working on youtube and see if you can create a piece of content you know what it looks like in this video I don’t even know where we went with this video but we go– – This video is about a website You just started it, you don’t get no sales what should you do? – Exactly. – Then we went into video marketing and how you can generate revenue from it. What is the next step? – And then the next step would be adding tags in descriptions and stuffing it with keywords. – And what is a tool that you can use? to find all tags and descriptions? – VidIQ is an amazing tool that we use. – And the third tip? – Third tip is if you are a business that is growing it Use Google AdWords to improve your videos Use paid campaigns to get your channel up and running at least in the first place.
– Yes, and we will include it in this video We didn’t run any paid YouTube ads before and we took our channel, what were the stats from? It was like less than 100,000 views or somewhere around there we can do it now over 400,000 views per month. – Organically. – Organically. But the trick we used ads to increase the number and get that tension and then even after you quit the advertising you can still get the traffic, so don’t think about advertising on YouTube how you have to keep spending money or else you will lose the views you take to build a community and then you can carry on traffic over and over again. – Exactly. And you basically signal YouTube You are like hey this channel is legit People watch your videos. When people don’t see your videos and you put all the money in if people are just watching it for 30 seconds, click away, the ad expenses are not worth it.
But for Neil’s videos like, they’re good content, right? So people watch them there is great audience loyalty, So the more money we put in People learn about them and then they want to see more. It only produces a show It’s like producing a TV show. – Okay, let’s do a quick recap. You start your website you don’t get any sales Don’t focus on conversion optimization, go to SEMrush instead, type in your competitors urls, find out all the keywords that she is constantly Spend money on paid advertising month after month These are the ones you should have been spitting ads on, see if that drives conversions, once you have sales, You can then figure out how to make it more profitable by adjusting your bids or optimizing your advertising campaigns, Then you can start creating content, text base content, Video-based content, could be audio content, all of these keywords This is how you get the organic SEO juice or the organic reach or traffic from YouTube and in the long run that will be starting to bring you sales.
Once you come across one several hundred sales a month or at least a few hundred leads Because you could be in B to B or lead collection even B to C, some of them are leading, then you can start getting into conversion optimization but if your brand new don’t start with facebook ads, Don’t start with YouTube ads, Just start with paid Google AdWords. Yes it is more expensive but the conversion rates will be higher and it’s a lot easier to always get more google traffic in the long run than it is to get social media traffic because Facebook is constantly changing its algorithm and it just pumps your traffic every time that it happens.
– Yes! For sure. Maybe we’ll do a video for next week on the new Facebook algorithm, I know a lot of people have questions about this. – Right. So thank you for watching If you liked this video, like it, share it, Comment, tell everyone about it. If you have any other question you want answered on our weekly Q&A Thursday videos, just leave a comment with this question. – We read them all.
– We all read and we can choose. We meet next week. – See you..